Ian, Viv, David, Matthew and Christopher Halliday
We lived in the Hutt Valley, just north of Wellington, New Zealand until the middle of 2005, when we moved back to England, where we are now in Bromborough, between Liverpool and Chester. These days, we struggle to produce one newsletter a year. However, here for the first time are our newsletters, dating back to 1991, when we lived in Port Vila, Vanuatu. These newsletters are all in Adobe Acrobat format. Yes, we are fully aware that there are some typographical errors in some of the documents.
Bromborough, Wirral, England
- 2015: Viv keeps on going to the Mediterranean while Ian just goes to South Africa. Everyone has fun in Barcelona and the boys keep on working hard.
- 2014: Lots of travel - west to New York, south to Zimbabwe, north to the Baltic ...and more! David and Matthew go off to work hard while Christopher also works hard in his last year as an undergraduate.
- 2013: Ian and Viv travel to Rio amongst other places; David revisits Canada and turns 24; Matthew is best man at a wedding and turns 22; Christopher turns 19 and begins his second year of study at Manchester.
- 2012: Ian and Viv celebrate their silver wedding and go to Canada and elsewhere; Matthew turns 21 and graduates; Christopher turns 18 and goes to Manchester. Athens. Prague. Oxford. Other places.
- 2011: Matthew in his final year at Lancaster; Ian's work takes him to London, Edinburgh and Milton Keynes; David graduates and move to Canada; Christopher's leukaemia treatment finishes successfully; A family trip to Malta as well as Ian touring Europe following the England football team.
- 2010: Matthew still in Lancaster; Ian still in London; David still in Sheffield; Christopher still doing well with leukaemia treatment; Croatia, Ireland, Dordogne - so, pretty much the same and yet not the same.
- 2009: Matthew goes to Lancaster; Ian still in London; David still in Sheffield; Christopher doing well with leukaemia treatment; Malta, Paris, Canada, Provence...
- 2008: Ian works in the City during the Credit Crunch; David goes to Sheffield University; Christopher diagnosed with leukaemia. So, quite an exciting year...
- 2007: Germany, Spain, 20 years married, public examinations and more besides. Including coffee, poker and the army.
- 2006: Italy, Switzerland, Paris, Keswick...also licensing as a Reader and other Church things. School. Life continues.
- 2005: Parents die. Goodbye to friends in NZ. Travel across the world. Settle in to Bromborough.
Stokes Valley, Wellington, New Zealand
- 2004: Rotorua. North Island floods. Matthew starts College. Banks merge. Toastmasters. Overseas trips. So nothing really out of the ordinary...
- 2003: Wellington celebrations. Soarin' over California. David starts College. Gifted Kids. Strategic Reviews in Banking and Education.
- 2002: Ian's trip to England. Easter in Taupo. Matthew starts at Intermediate too. Music news. Sports news. Stories, presentations and more. Ian appears on TV.
- 2001: Back to Hastings and Melbourne. David starts at Intermediate school, Ian nearly appears on TV
- 2000: Holidays, other trips, Toastmasters, St John's Church, Viv and Chris go home, the rest go to Auckland
- 1999: Stokes Valley and the new house, the National Bank, St John's Church, different sports
Mahora, Hastings, New Zealand
- 1998: Ian commutes up and down the country, the rest of life attempts to continue as normal
- 1997: Melbourne, cats, mice, Hamilton, Keas, more Toastmasters. Viv's parents visit.
- 1996: Trip home, New computer, Matthew goes to school. Ian joins Toastmasters. First newsletter posted on the web
- 1995: New vicar in Hastings, new cat too! School, kindergarten, playcentre, preparations for overseas trip
- 1994: Christopher born, David goes to school, Viv and Ian get involved with St James' Church
- 1993: Farewell to Vila, Welcome to New Zealand - Hawkes Bay - Mahora, Hastings
Port Vila, Vanuatu
- 1993: Easter in Vanuatu, Cyclone Prema, Rotorua, The Pentecost Jump
- 1992: David, Matthew, Viv's parents visit, Cyclones Betsy and Fran
- 1991: Clare visits, Hash House Harriers, Viv's accident, political unrest
Google Earth is Google's global mapping system. If you don't have it, you can download it here:
Our other sites - those we own or otherwise maintain
- Christian websites
- Bebington Parish Church - Ian and Viv's church in Bebington
- Sally Williamson - promoting Christian musician Sally Williamson
- The Jubilate Group - a website offering lyrics and tunes to Christian hymns and songs as well as a selection of liturgy
- Sharing Christ Internationally - an English Christian Charity supporting work with Mongolian people.
- ISS - A Mongolian Christian organisation working mainly with blind and partially sighted people
- Music websites